LOCHER & ASSOCIATES, Seattle, WA
Locher and Associates provides consulting services for business development, online strategy and tactics, industry relations and marketing services. Specialties include developing subscription-based communities, conversion loyalty programs, and shared ownership rentals and resales. Company is based in Redmond, WA.
REDWEEK.COM, Seattle, WA
Vice President Marketing & Sales, 2002-2010
Co-developed start-up with zero members into the Internet’s premiere marketplace for vacation ownership rentals, resales and exchange now with over 1.5 million registered users. Instrumental in achieving acquisition costs of under $3 per registered user for over 600,000 timeshare owners and 900,000 vacation travelers. Established the company’s brand as the top online timeshare marketplace with an A+ Better Business Bureau rating (a rarity in the industry). Helped company achieve profitability. The subscription-model business is the leading do-it-yourself website for resort rentals and timeshare resales and exchange.
Spearheaded the firm’s travel industry relations initiatives leading to enhanced credibility, M & A activity, increased sales and strategic partnerships with major hospitality brands. Developed and managed sponsorship relationship with the American Resort Development Association. Generated CEO and personal speaking appearances. Active with multiple influential industry committees and attend multiple conferences annually. Achieved the highest level of recognition as a Registered Resort Professional (RRP). Earned company ARDA Circle of Excellence 2008 Innovator Award for RedWeek.
Directed extensive search engine marketing (SEM) and public relations efforts. Supervised team and oversaw multiple vendors. Led marketing for soliciting and securing rental and resale listings and enhancing relationships with over 600,000 timeshare owners and 900,000 vacation travelers interested in timeshare. Achieved user database of o cost of under $3 each.
CLASSMATES.COM, Seattle, WA
Vice President of Marketing and Promotions, 2001-2002
Classmates.com is an Internet community and the original social networking website now with over 50 million members in over 200,000 affiliations. As VP led a national membership event and contributed to the company’s online promotions, member outreach, vendor relations, public relations, and event coordination objectives. Enhanced visibility of the world’s largest collection of celebrity yearbooks. Separately as a Public Relations Consultant, created a media buzz plan to help facilitate a Classmates.com acquisition.
EVERYTHINGHOLIDAYS.COM, Seattle, WA
Founder & Chief Executive Officer, 1996-2000
Established the world’s leading destination website for all things related to the Millennium, and the leading source of news and content for holiday celebrations. Early pioneer of user-generated content and search engine optimization (SEO). Secured contracts with Yahoo! to provide Halloween, Millennium, Christmas, and other daily holiday news stories for global distribution. Garnered major media appearances and coverage including NBC Today Show interview with Matt Lauer, FOX News, USA Today, Time magazine, New York Times, MSNBC and many others. Managed team of seven employees for this advertising-supported startup. Secured angel funding and sold company in 2000.
HYPERBOLE STUDIOS, Seattle, WA
Principal & Vice President, Business Development, 1993-1996
HyperBole Studios is an inventive developer of interactive film, video, storytelling and games. Developed a new publishing joint-venture for multi-platform games Quantum Gate, The Vortex, and The Madness of Roland with Warner Interactive Publishing, a division of Warner Music. Worked with publishers Warner and Media Vision, on distribution and marketing strategies for genre shifting interactive movies. Secured $6 million development contract with Fox Interactive for X-Files live-action game which sold over 1 million copies grossing over $60 million dollars. As Director of Marketing, led the company’s presence at CES and other trade shows, secured extensive publicity and CEO appearances, and oversaw creation of packaging, marketing collateral and retail sales promotions.
- Live Aid Concert (original 1985) – As part of founding executive team Worldwide Sports and Entertainment, handled marketing sponsorship implementation, record company broadcast sales, planning as well as on-site production in Philadelphia. The groundbreaking event generated over $200 million and sparked dozens of imitators and sequels worldwide.
- 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Organizing Committee -Athlete Services Manager for the USC Olympic Village – managed over 100 staff and volunteers
- UNICEF/FIFA (International Football Association) All Star Soccer TV Event Sales and Sponsorship, 1986-Marketing and Development
- LocationView Business and Marketing Development Consultant helped to pioneer an Internet start-up serving film production for live video collaboration
- Musicmaker.com Gift Editor for publically traded music licensing and recording service. 2001
- Dennison Studios – Director of Sales and Promotions Clients included Westin Hotels, Bally’s, and City of Las Vegas
- All-African Olympic Games, Nairobi, Kenya
- Sponsorship Sales and implementation Los Angeles Marathon 1986-Team member of Inaugural Event Producer
- Spirit of China, Spirit Quest Tours – Developed “Spirit of China” tour and co-hosted group visit to Beijing, Xian, Suzhou, Hangzhou and Shanghai. Arranged meetings with scholars and secured agreement with largest government-owned Chinese tour operator.
- Attended major China tourism events and continue to development of future tours (June 2011)
Community involvement highlights
- Member and Leader (current), American Resort Development Association, Washington D.C
- Staff Member, Live Aid Foundation
- Participant, Entertainment Advisory Board, City of Hope National Medical Center & Beckman Cancer Research Institute
- Founding Member, Digital Media Alliance (WSA now WTIA)
- Established the first Cybermedia Premiere
- Fundraising, Christel House International Foundation–helped inaugural matching fund to generate over $500,000 thus far
- Executive Committee Member, Washington State Motion Picture Council
Honors, Recognition & Education
- Registered Resort Professional (RRP), American Resort Development Association highest level of recognition
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences, San Diego State University
- Interviewed by Matt Lauer on NBC’s Today Show
- Advertising Reggie Award for “Best Promotion of the Year” Award by Advertising Age Magazine
- Earned ARDA Circle of Excellence 2008 “Innovator Award” for RedWeek
- Member Washington Technology Industry Association and Northwest Entrepreneur Network